NATIONAL and INTERNATIONAL
Birding, Conservation, and Environmental Groups
- National Audubon Society
- American Birding Association
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology Research, Education, Citizen Science, Technology, Conservation
- Peregrine Fund Conservation of Raptors
- American Bird Conservancy
- The Nature Conservancy Conserve lands and waters on which all life depends
- Hawkwatch Conserving raptors and our shared environment
- Defenders of Wildlife
- The U.S. Committee of the North American Bird Conservation Initiative NABCI s a coalition of 28 federal and state agencies, nonprofit organizations, and bird-focused partnerships that advance biological, social, and scientific priorities for North American bird conservation.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Migratory Birds
- Partners In Flight
- The State of the Birds of North America
- The North American Bluebird Society is a non-profit conservation, education and research organization, promotes the recovery of bluebirds and other native cavity-nesting bird species.
Birds and Windows
- Merlin Photo ID (Cornell)
- All About Birds (Cornell)
- E-Bird - Keep your check list on line. Find out where a species might be, and what has been seen. Excellent site.
- Birding.aba.org is the new location for state, regional, international, and specialty birding listserves, plus butterflies and bugs.
- McCaulay Library (Cornell) Explorable archive of wildlife sounds and videos
- All About Birds Online guide to Birds and Bird Watching
- Bird Songs and Sounds - Many, many bird songs and sounds. Excellent sound quality.
- Birdzilla Comprehensive selection of wild bird information, articles, on-line life list, and the Birdzilla.com mall.
- WildBirds.com is the place to come for answers about wild birds in your yard and around the corner!
- Fatbirder.com links up birding enthusiasts from all over the world. They believe it to be the most comprehensive web site of its kind worldwide.
- Birding Pal Go birding with a pal from around the world.
- Birding on the Net migrated to a new home at ABA.org. Rare Bird alerts, Butterflies and Bugs, and birding list archives. Individual mailing lists (regional/specialty) pages
- A Kid’s Guide to Bird-Watching in the Playground, recommended by a new Girl Scout birder. Many nice links to resources.
- The Young Birder's Backyard Guide, recommended by a Girl Scout Troop from California who wanted to do a good turn and let others know about this nice site.